Monday, October 30, 2006

Time Flies

I've been quite busy the last few weeks, even though one week saw my teaching schedule fall off dramatically. At first I wondered if it was a trend, but then my phone started ringing off the hook and I realized it was just a welcome break. So how did I spend that slow week? Relaxing? Blogging? Playing the slots in Vegas?

Actually, I spent the better part working on some home repair projects - mostly hanging sheetrock, then taping, mudding, sanding, and painting. It was kinda fun to be working on a construction project, until my muscles started to ache and my back began to bother me. Oh, yeah. Now I remember why I hate home projects.

Still, there was a bit of flying done recently.

Different types of aircraft flown - nine.

Landings observed/taught -39.

Landings performed - 9 (in six different aircraft types).

Instrument approaches observed/taught - 23.

Instrument approached performed - 6.

Holding patterns observed/taught - 12.

Holding patterns performed - 2.

Moderate to severe turbulence encounters - 3.

Pilot candidates recommended for a practical test - 2 (one CFI, one commercial ASEL add-on).

Number of pilot candidates who passed - 2 (congrats to Greg and Andy).


But now, if you'll excuse me, I have some painting to do on a window I just installed. Oy! My aching back!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...