Friday, September 30, 2011

Stories to make you smile!



Jennifer and Daniel.

I was recycling old mobile phones to get a laptop for my son.

Daniel is 10 years old and has Aspergers, ADHD and ODD. He finds writing hard and his school suggested I get him a laptop.

I contacted all my family asking for their help to collect phones. My sister-in-law sent an email out to all the staff in the company she works for.

The managing  director got it and called her in to say they would get him one! I received the laptop during the week and has been setting up his school work.

The company is Frigoglass in Naas, Co. Kildare.

We sent a thank you card from Daniel to say to let them know how much easier they have made life for him at school.


Derek and Jarlath.
Jarlaths' iPad arrived today, you can't see from where you are but we are doing a dance, we are that happy!

In the middle of our mobile phone collecting a lady phoned me up and said that I should'nt have to beg for phones for my son to get an iPad, that she wanted to buy him one.

We then contacted The Claddagh National School where Jarlath attends the early intervention class (great school) and we are donating the extra iPad to them. Mr Gallagher, the Principal, said he would be delighted to accept it and would publically acknowledge that one was donated in order that she would know. The lady in question wants to remain anonymous.

The amount of people who just wanted to donate phones, when they heard what it was for, is incredible. We truly have some great friends. Jimmy Norman of Galway Bay FM just would'nt let it go and he kept on telling to give us their old phones so Jarlath could get an ipad.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...