Friday, March 25, 2011

Hometown Pothole Fix


My hometown of Shelton is known for many things: the Wiffle Ball, canary-fighting rings, and NFL quarterback Dan Orlovsky. Until recently, fixing potholes did not fall into this category.

Using SeeClickFix, I posted two issues involving poor road conditions in early March (see issues #86756 and #86024). While my potholes still remain, another Shelton resident just discovered the pothole she had posted no longer exists!

Reported just six days ago and viewed over 50 times, issue #89364 entitled "Very large pothole" involved a very large pothole on Beardsley Road in Shelton, CT. Who could have guessed? According to the SeeClickFix user, the pothole had appeared a few weeks ago and was very hard to avoid while driving.

Last night, however, Shelton resident Dana happily closed the issue:
I was driving home from work today and was expecting to hit this pothole for the millionth time when I noticed....it is fixed! I am so happy and really impressed that it was fixed so quickly.
As a lifelong Shelton resident, I'm excited to see my local government stepping up and improving the quality of our roads. Let's hope this continues in the future!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...