Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Meet a Book Blogger: Steph Bowe at Hey! Teenager of the Year

Happy September! Last month, I started a new feature: Meet a Book Blogger. This month, let's get to know Steph Bowe, who blogs about books at Hey! Teenager of the Year. She's also an author: her debut novel, Girl Saves Boy, will be published by Text Publishing this fall. This is Steph:


1. When did you start book blogging, and what was your motivation?
I started blogging in April of 2009, because I wanted to talk about what I was reading and connect with other writers and readers.

2. How often do you post?
It varies - sometimes daily, sometimes once a week. Depends how I'm feeling/if I have anything interesting to blog about!

3. Which kinds of books do you like to review?
Young adult.

4. Where do you get the books you review? 
Usually from publishers.

5. Where do you find out about new books?

Other blogs, of course! Plus recommendations from friends.

6. Do you read other book blogs? If so, which are your favorites?
I do read other book blogs, but I love so many it's impossible to choose a favourite.

7. What’s one of your favorite books? How about the best book you’ve read in the past six months?
Everything Beautiful by Simmone Howell is one of my favorites. In the past six months, the best book I read was Will Grayson, Will Grayson by John Green and David Levithan.

8. What’s the most enjoyable part of book blogging? What’s the worst part? Do you blog about other topics too?
Enjoyable: reading and responding to comments, talking about books we've read and loved.
Worst: nasty anonymous comments.
I do blog about other things - about being a writer and teenager.

9. Do you have an ereader? If so, do you like it? If not, do you want one someday?
No! And I prefer paper books. One day I'd like an ereader incorporated into a phone, maybe.

10. What do you do when you’re not reading?
Writing! And doing schoolwork, and spending time with family.

Thanks, Steph! Looking forward to more great book reviews... and may your own books receive many glowing reviews, too!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...