Sunday, October 18, 2009

LogTen Pro Update

A recent, major upgrade to the Mac-based electronic logbook LogTen Pro has added some nifty features. For airline pilots, LogTen Pro 5 on the Mac allows you to import flight schedules from a wide variety of airline scheduling systems.



A feature that all pilots can appreciate is the ability to download data on more than 27,000 "landing places" and have that data automatically filled in when you log your flights. They aren't called airports because "places" include things like heliports, sea ports, even oil rigs.



LogTen Pro 5 is said to be significantly faster than the previous version, though I haven't noticed that much difference. The new version offers ways to track currency and duty limits that are simple to figure out and use. On the downside, some users (including me) have experienced occasional, yet nagging syncing problems between LogTen Pro and LogTen Mobile.

In spite of some minor gripes, LogTen Pro and LogTen Mobile have become staple applications for many pilots. Both products have certainly changed the way I track my flight times. And in the interest of transparency let me add that I received my upgrade to version 5 at no cost in consideration for my reviews of LogTen, past and present.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...