Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Shari Graydon at Beauty (Mis)Represented event, Thursday March 5

Our own Shari Graydon, author of Made You Look and In Your Face, will be participating in an event on a hot topic: airbrushing photos in advertising. This event, Beauty (Mis)Represented, will debate the question: Is photo-manipulation in advertising benign and irrelevant, or damaging and indefensible?

This is a topic I'm particularly interested in... and yet I will confess that I sometimes untag photos of myself on Facebook if I don't like how I look in them! (I can't be the only one who does this, right? Right?)

Event details:
Date: Thursday, March 5 2009
Time: 7:30-9 p.m.
Location: Room 5-280, Ontario Institute for Studies in Education (252 Bloor St W, map)
Cost: Free!


More great stuff about Shari and her books:
Visit her website: www.sharigraydon.com/
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...