Sunday, July 15, 2007

Big Stuff


The past week has been quite busy for me. In addition to the usual instructional flights, I completed my flight review, signed off an instrument candidate for his check ride (congrats GP), and did several engine break-in flights.

During the week, some big aircraft were seen at Oakland. One of these big aircraft was the King of Jordan's personal Airbus 340. And I thought the Boeing BBJ was the ultimate in conspicuous consumption!



The other big aircraft was a frequent visitor - one of the Goodyear airships. It arrived for the Baseball All-Star Game held in San Francisco and stayed for the week. Here is a sequence of photos of the airship landing on the North Field. I was just able to snap these as I exited the twin I was flying. The airships takeoff is equally impressive and unlikely, but I wasn't able to get photos of it.







Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...