Tuesday, June 2, 2009

BEA Wrap Up!

"Might I interest you in a quality children's book?" (Me at the Annick Press booth)



I just got back from Book Expo America (held in New York this year), where we had a very lively and productive show. Lots of great people stopped by the Annick booth: librarians, teachers, booksellers, bloggers, reviewers, writers, illustrators, printers, and of course my friends from other publishing companies! I had fun recommending books for different ages and interests, and talking about children's books in general. It's so energizing to be surrounded by book lovers!

The NAPPA (National Parenting Publications Awards) staff came by to give us our winning ribbon for A Pocket Can Have a Treasure in It, which we proudly displayed.



Later, Janice Beley from Arsenal Pulp Press (they blog, too!) came by and "yarn bombed" our Munschworks Grand Treasury to promote Arsenal's new book, Yarn Bombing: The Art of Crochet and Knit Graffiti. I caught her in the act!



There were also some great panels; I learned more about Twitter at a session led by Michael Gruen (@gruen). (Are you following my updates @AnnickPress?)

I especially enjoyed the panel on book blogging, where I was finally able to see the faces behind some of my favorite book review blogs. For details, read the very in-depth recap on Dawn Rennert's blog at She Is Too Fond of Books.

It was a wonderful show and I'm a little sad it's over. For more photos of BEA (including the Espresso book machine and Clifford the Big Red Dog!), head on over to our Flickr set!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...